Job Requisition:Software Test Lead
Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Professional with a specialization in test automation to join our Streaming Video Team. They will work to enhance the reliability of our best-in-class video services, which are in active use by global customers. This position is located in Dayton, OH.
As the Software Test Lead, you will be charged with the vital role of proving that our software is safe, reliable, and performant. We tackle problems like ensuring delivery consistency over unstable UDP networks or assessing accuracy in the display of corrupted video. If you join us, you’ll meet these responsibilities with the latest in automation and machine learning. Successful candidates will have a practical understanding of testing and test automation throughout the entire development lifecycle. They should have prior experience working with developers and directing a team of traditional testers to validate components of a software suite. Finally, they have worked on automated testing for both system-level and integration regressions in a high reliability environment.
- Guide and develop sophisticated automated testing for some of the hardest problems in the industry
- Work directly on the core engineering team for products in active deployment around the world
- Develop, maintain, and extend the test automation infrastructure
- Execute functional, system, regression, and performance testing
- Help drive towards our goal of 100% code coverage through leadership of a team of testers and developers
- Provide technical leadership for the test team
- And other assigned tasks
- Either: A Computer Science or related degree and 8 years of experience, OR twelve years of experience
- One to two years of experience with at least one major integration test framework, such as Selenium or Ranorex
- Prior experience with standard software engineering tools, particularly Git and Jenkins
- An understanding of both the theory and practice of test driven development
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance is required. Active Secret clearance is strongly preferred.
Two or more of the following strongly preferred:
- One to two years of experience with machine learning as applied to test automation and fuzzing
- One to two years of experience with data delivery over unreliable networks, ideally video streaming
- One to two years of experience with the intricacies of video processing and transcoding
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.