Job Requisition:Logistics Liaison Officer
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division in the Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Liaison Officer. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aerial platforms providing primary aircraft GFE support, ground systems processing, and mission equipment payloads.
- Responsible for program supply and spares levels, equipment, and material purchases.
- Review scheduled program events, develop a BOM and System Requirements document jointly with technical leads.
- Price and define lead times jointly with procurement, and order equipment in a timeline consistent with schedule requirements.
- Initiate and track to completion all purchase requirements stemming from BOM.
- Liaise all purchase requirements initiated outside of the BOM process by interfacing with OCONUS logisticians, technical leads, program managers, procurement, and government approvers to verify purchase request details, validate the purchase is necessary, obtain purchase approval and track estimated and actual delivery dates to ensure schedule risks are not introduced due to delayed delivery (this includes Depot Maintenance purchases).
- Coordinate and prepare all requests, DRMO/S turn-ins and hand receipt transfers in accordance with corporate policies and governing regulations.
- Report programmatic data requirement to internal (Leidos) leadership, as well as external (government/military customer) leadership on a routine basis or individual basis as requested.
- Assist in coordinating depot repair actions when OCONUS logistician needs assistance.
- Quality check Sprocket database reports applicable to their assigned program for accuracy and coordinate with stakeholders where improvements are necessary.
- Work independently, often under high-pressure situations and with minimal direct supervision, to creatively problem-solve and quickly develop complex solutions for logistics problems.
- Provide weekly updates to direct supervisor and courtesy copy on all interactions with customer.
- Expanded job duties will be required as position evolves.
Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of directly related logistics experience. 1+ years of logistics experience supporting military and/or government is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience planning and coordinating commercial and military air and ground transportation.
- Ability to integrate the separate functions in planning or implementing an overall program logistics management program.
- Knowledge of logistics systems, methods and facilities management procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Exercise property management functions to include record maintenance, accountability storage and disposal functions.
- Recommend and assess procedural changes to improve the overall program accountability process.
- Oversee contracts for general supply support for procurement of office supplies, equipment and furnishings, rentals and/ or leased items.
- Implement internal control procedures to prevent fraud, waste and abuse.
- Perform supply/inventory management-program functions including, but not limited to, determination of requirements, distribution and redistribution of items, supply fund management, procurement authorization, disposition of excess property, provide reconciliation of inventory balances with physical counts and other supply functions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal to Leidos and external (military/government customer, etc), both written and oral
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Army logistics experience
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency with Sprocket asset tracking/maintenance tracking database software.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in implementation of industry best practices for logistics/inventory management and compliance with contract/government requirements.