Specific Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced Performance Test engineer to join our Integration and Verification team and help us deliver a large-scale systems integration project. As part of a Performance Testing team the succesful candidate will be integral in the delivery of Performance and Capacity testing activities.
The engineer will work work with customers, suppliers and our I&V engineers to plan and manage the design, creation and execution of Performance tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to have demonstrable performance testing experience in large scale systems, ideally within a virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
Key responsibilities of Performance Testing team include:
- Analyse capacity and performance requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of Performance testing.
- Analyse capacity requirements and work with supplies and customers to identify a realistic load profile for use in testing.
- Identify tools and methods for load generation including bespoke and data.
- Identify tools and methods for recording and analysing response times to provide statistically significant results.
- Work within the I&V leadership team to manage the delivery of I&V services on the programme including addressing issues, resourcing, planning and reporting.
- Plan, prepare and execute Performance Test Cases.
- Interim ad-hoc performance testing and investigation including ‘what-if’ analysis.
- Create, review and optimise Testing Processes.
- Document test results and defects
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years’ test experience (or 4 years’ experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 2 of which in performance testing roles.
- Excellent understanding of performance and load testing.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing.
- Demonstrable Performance Testing experience including virtualised infrastructure.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 5 years test experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Experience of tools such as VROPS, ZABBIX, network monitoring tools;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with considerable professional experience, or some professional experience with a related Masters degree, or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Considered career, or journey level.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.