Job Requisition:ServiceNow Systems Architect
Leidos is seeking a ServiceNow Systems Architect to join our Corporate IT Services group, reporting to Director of Web Solutions Services. Ideally, we're looking for someone who can work from one of our locations in Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, or King of Prussia - PA; however, we will consider telecommute option for the right person.
This role will require you to utilize your depth of experience to act as a thought leader regarding ServiceNow. Furthermore, you will assure delivery of successful deployments of ServiceNow and be at the forefront of new features and capabilities of the ServiceNow suite of enterprise applications.
- Create, document, and evangelize ServiceNow configuration, design, development, and integration; communicate best practices/frameworks
- Communicate with the customer in non-technical terms, understand their requirements and guide developers with suitable solutions
- Drive and provide architecture review and assessment of enhancements within the ServiceNow platform
- Develop solutions across the ServiceNow platform to utilize automation and integration capabilities of ServiceNow, focused on leveraging business services with out of the box capabilities
- Lead development and execution of regulated and non-regulated software solutions, including server software, mobile software, web applications, systems communications, and integrations.
- Provide technical coaching and oversight to junior developers
- Work with cross-functional team in an agile and fast-paced development environment to define user stories and tasks
- Document architectural solutions in a clear and accurate manner
- Architect new ways of solving problems using the ServiceNow platform
- Support and enhance reporting solutions within ServiceNow and through external reporting solutions to support business goals
- Build the long-term strategic roadmap for ServiceNow solutions
- Support alignment of IS strategy and planning with the company’s business goals and objectives
- Review and recommend where ServiceNow platform fits into the enterprise architecture roadmap
- Promote the use of a shared infrastructure and ServiceNow roadmap to reduce costs and improve how end-to-end information flows
- Lead and direct software development and testing
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 12 years of relevant experience in software engineering and architecture, including ServiceNow. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years’ experience of ServiceNow development and / or ServiceNow implementation
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow toolset and integrations with related systems
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining software solutions (web, backend, and mobile)
- Expert-level knowledge of Cloud services, PaaS and application of those services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a broad range of people and roles
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-focused attitude and ability to deal with ambiguity - Proven team player and team builder
- 3+ years’ experience working in a highly agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) environment
- Understanding of SOAP, REST, JSON technologies
- Experience working in a PaaS/SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult including providing options with pros, cons and risks around key technical decisions during design and implementation
- Ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of the Project Management lifecycle
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology
- Ability to balance between rapid prototyping and long-term system architecture
- Track-record of developing large-scale, multi-tier applications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.