Job Requisition:Project Controls Analyst
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a Project Controls Analyst on a major weapon acquisition program with an emphasis on schedule analysis and earned value management system (EVMS) analyst. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on project controls to the Federal program manager and project engineers as well as establishing programmatic liaison with project engineers at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities who are engaged in managing technical work. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project controls expertise ideally developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Project Controls Analyst will coordinate and report on activities contributing to the successful execution of the weapon acquisition process. This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of program execution status at the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to schedule, earned value, and performance against spend plans and budgets.
- Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
- Defining requirements for resource-loaded schedules for status updates and changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Reviewing integrated master schedules utilizing Primavera P6 to confirm interface milestones and activity durations identified in multiple NNSA Management and Operating (M&O) contractors’ schedules.
- Implementation and adherence to ANSI 748C EVMS guidelines.
- Coordinating baseline changes and management reviews.
- Analyzing schedule and cost risk contingency using Acumen Fuse Monte Carlo analysis.
- On-going schedule tracking, analysis, and review of changes to work packages, working with appropriate Program Managers and other applicable organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other technical field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related program controls experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
- Experience with project management/scheduling tools and techniques particularly Primavera and P6.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management Systems.
- Proficiency in the transition of requirements, interfaces, linkages, and risk mitigation activities associated with program scope into an integrated, resource loaded schedule with schedule and cost risk contingency analysis.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining a positive and productive work relationship with federal customers and fellow contractor staff based on level of expertise, quality of work, personality, communication skills and timely delivery of work products.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Prior project controls/systems engineering experience with NNSA headquarters, NNSA field (e.g., SNL, LANL or LLNL) or the Department of Defense (e.g., Air Force, Navy, Army, DTRA).
- PMP or PMI-SP certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.