Job Requisition:Senior Contract Officer
Senior Contracts Officer within newly established Leidos Europe subsidiary, Leidos Supply Ltd, part of the Commodity Support Services (CSS) team within Team Leidos. Providing commercial support and advice to both team members and other stakeholders through the letting and management of contracts. Ensure that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all commercial work and further the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
The post holder is a member of Leidos Supply Ltd within Team Leidos and as such may operate within any of the main Commodity teams (Clothing; Food; Medical Equipment and Consumables; Oils, Lubricants and Gases; General Supplies)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements.
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- Undertake contract/team administration as required.
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
Key Result Areas
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team.
- Let Contracts in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations – minimizing risk of legal claims or disputes.
- Perform effective contract management obligations on time and within budget.
- Meet Contract Letting Plan targets delivering or exceeding agreed savings against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts management iaw Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with Leidos policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
Essential: 3+ years of business/procurement/contracting experience,
Desirable: CIPS Level 4 or above, public sector contracting knowledge and experience (including application of EU Regulations), knowledge of MoD procurement processes. Experience of using e-procurement tools.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Full Driving License Desirable to facilitate supplier visits.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.