Job Requisition:Senior Cybersecurity Architect
Leidos Corporate Information Security (CIS) has an opening for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for design and execution of technical solutions designed to ease business operations while further securing Leidos information. The ability to align appropriate security controls to information protection requirements is key. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience creating, documenting and implementation of security solutions for small, medium and large scale enclaves. Experience implementing security solutions in cloud environments considered a strong plus but not a hard requirement. This role will also support the execution of internal CIS workflows under the direction of the BISO including the creation of engineering artifacts, interpretation of risk analysis to inform design decisions, and the review of engineering artifacts for completeness and accuracy.
This is an extremely exciting role that will help shape the transformation and future of the Leidos information security program for years to come. Frequent meetings in the Washington, DC metropolitan area should be expected.
- Provide engineering excellence to Leidos Groups for the implementation of Leidos information security policy, procedures, and standards throughout their business.
- Support the execution of all Leidos security processes to support business objectives; work between CIS and Group to ensure documentation completeness and quality of engineering work.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security. Facilitate the development of pragmatic solutions across Corporate Information Security.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security status across the supported business groups.
- Support acquisition due diligence for information security risks and support control design for integration.
- Participate in Group reporting requirements, monthly/quarterly status meetings and offsites as appropriate.
- Deliver engineering expertise to support business growth initiatives including marketing engagements, proposals and short term program support in all areas of cyber defense.
- Represent BISO at meetings and act on behalf of as requested.
- Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience in Information Technology and Cybersecurity.
- Direct experience with one or more of Leidos core markets and a thorough understanding of security requirements associated with doing work with those customers.
- Ability to advise BISO and senior CIS leadership on a range of security-related issues including: establishing system boundaries, assessing the severity of weaknesses and deficiencies in a system/segment, plans of actions and milestones. risk mitigation approaches, security alerts, and potential adverse effects of system vulnerabilities and security concerns.
- Proven ability to evaluate systems and requirements to create solutions to manage cybersecurity risk.
- Skill in determining how a security system should work including its resilience and dependability as well as how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment affect these outcomes.
- Experience creating and evaluating documents such as system design, system security plans, plans of actions and milestones, data flow diagrams, network designs, and other security/IT related engineering products.
- Ability to evaluate the cyber risk of technical solutions through the analysis of architectural documents.
- Experience evaluating the security controls/capabilities of full spectrum cyber security solutions.
- Active US Secret security clearance
- Experience supporting US government or equivalent proposals
- Experience in research and development.
- Experience in non-US International markets
- Experience with systems engineering, system/software development and SecDevOps
- Active US TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.