Job Requisition:Russian Linguist - Polygraph Required
The Defense and Intelligence Group (GSG) at Leidos has multiple openings for a Russian linguist to support a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) contract for the Office of Counterintelligence. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
We are seeking a skilled linguists who have excellent translation, research, and analytic skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide written translation of technical and non-technical data
- Write gists and summaries of materials
- Conduct open source research
- Write reports in English
- Respond to requests for information
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- BA degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Provide proof that they meet the minimum language proficiency requirements (within the past 12 months) as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable scale:
- Russian Language Requirements: 3/3 in reading and listening
- English Language Requirements: 3/3/3/3 in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Must have experience in counterintelligence, open source intelligence, counterterrorism, and/or intelligence analysis.o M
Must be capable of:
- Providing written translations of technical and non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from the native language to English.
- Conducting target language open source research and compiling research findings into comprehensive reports in support of specific intelligence requirements.
- Providing the cultural, social, and ethnic context of translations and be able to convey this information in a written format which may include gisting or screening of the total content.
- Working cooperatively as a team member
- Working independently with minimal or no oversight
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with personnel from diverse cultures. Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Be proficient with IC analytic tools, preferred