Job Requisition:Local Logistics Manager
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division (QRCAISR) of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Local Logistics Manager. Leidos is the primary stakeholder of logistics functions on several Aerial Intelligence platforms located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Armed forces and Special Operations Command supported by Leidos.
The Local Logistic Manager is responsible for managing a team of 6-10 employees with primary responsibility of shipping & receiving, warehousing, material handling and readiness, and inventory control. Local logistics is responsible for materials receipt, marking, packaging, storage, movement around airpark, transportation, maintenance planning and reporting for cyclic maintenance/calibration and depot repairs, counterfeit parts prevention, and disposition efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and organize efforts for warehouse staff, local logistics team, and shipping and receiving team to optimize use of personnel in support of customer and corporate requirements.
- Enforce the use of SOP’s, adjusting them with the support of other leadership when required.
- Lead, train, and work jointly with team members to accomplish tasks necessary to fulfill customer, corporate, and manager requirements.
- Manage all shipping and receiving efforts in accordance with SOP’s and regulatory compliance for specially handled equipment such as HAZMAT, ITAR, COMSEC, classification, sensitive/fragile, and ESD.
- Complete cyclic and sensitive items inventories for all Government Furnished Property at Bridgewater Air Park (VBW)
- Marking requirements, labeling, tagging, placarding, and signage.
- Coordinating equipment movement around VBW to include oversized and specially handled equipment requiring coordination with outside vendors.
- Warehouse management, organizing to minimize footprint and expedite processes.
- Maintenance, depot repair reports, scheduled/cyclic/calibration requirements for GFP and Overhead.
- GIDEP officer responsible for counterfeit parts prevention program and obsolescence review board.
- Disposition efforts, organizing PCARSS disposition lists, coordinating scrap turn in, turn in to DLA managed facilities documenting turn in and working with property team to update records.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members to accomplish tasks.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Other logistics duties as assigned in response to contractual reporting, mission requirements, or Directors request.
- Bachelors’ Degree with minimum of five (5) years of relevant logistics experience
- At least one (1) year of experience in a Team Lead or Management position.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lb. regularly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with Army or DoD logistics policies and procedures
- Experienced material handler; packaging, marking, and load planner.
- Experienced with incremental process improvements
- Experience with regulatory compliance, forms, and methods to coordinate transportation with USTRANSCOM and commercial freight carriers.
- Experience with DLA, PCARSS, and DoD disposition processes/requirements.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency with asset management using property management systems.
- HAZMAT certified
- Forklift Operation Certified
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.