Job Requisition:Performance Engineer (SME) - TS/SCI w/ Poly
This role ensures Enterprise IT Services are available according to established metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the performance of network, server, and storage IT components. This role includes monitoring, auditing, responsiveness, stress evaluation, capacity analysis, and reporting.
- This role monitors technology improvements, recommends upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- Duties include examining performance problems and identifying appropriate corrective action.
- This role analyzes trends and recurring performance problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.