Job Requisition:Simulation Integration Engineer
Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
Want to work in an exciting team environment using the latest in simulation tools and techniques supporting national security work? Why not join our Leidos Innovations Center as our newest Simulation Integration Engineer working out of our Huntsville, AL, office. This is an exciting opportunity to grow in your modeling and simulation career coordinating with simulation developers across government agencies and contractor sites to define requirements and approaches to enable integration of external simulations with the Integrated Threat Analysis Simulation Environment (ITASE).
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Work on External Simulation Integration. The external simulations may require integration using standards such as HLA, DIS, TENA, or by direct integration with the ITASE Application Programming Interface (API).
- Develop and implement software to perform the required integration and other related functions
- Test and document the results of the external simulation integration
- Document interface requirements in an Interface Control Documents (ICD) and design approaches in a Software Design Document (SDD)
- Support simulation exercises using ITASE assets and/or external simulations
- Work on ITASE Installation Support to support installation and testing of ITASE at MSIC and other sites and ientify and implement installation improvements
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field with at least 5 years of experience
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with polygraph
- Experience developing software on Windows and/or Linux platforms
- Must be proficient in C++
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment at a Government site
- Ability to support occasional travel
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Current TS/SCI
- Experience with distributed simulations using DIS, HLA, or TENA
Key words: Modeling and Simulation, Visualization, Software Integration, Software Development, MSIC
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Simulation Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.