Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Seeking a Software Systems Engineer supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture(JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is theNavy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division. The position will involve extensive applicationconfiguration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tierEnterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds. Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
• Possession of a Bachelor's of science degree in the technology field from an accredited college/university.
• 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs in the intelligence arena.
• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+ and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• Experience/training with Blade Servers.
• Experience/training with VMware.
• Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
- Physically travel to the intended destination, board the ship either by walking onboard, flying by military helicopter or COD (carrier onboard delivery) aircraft which requires the ability to withstand the stress of a catapult launch or an arrested landing.
- Must be able to live and work in an environment that is in constant, unsteady motion.
- Must be able to climb up and down ship ladders throughout the workday. Ship ladders have a steep incline and minimal head clearance.
- Ships may be up to 13 decks with the berthing, galley and work locations all on separate levels. Employees must be able to climb up and down the ship ladders throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs while climbing multiple flights of ladders.
- Complete all government customer required training, readiness and International Travel requirements
Additionally, employee will be subject to random drug and alcohol screen tests to ensure compliance with company policies, contractual requirements and/or host country laws
- All employees working on the DCGS-N in engineering support and training support roles who may embark on US Navy ships must be medically cleared by the customer under COMUSFLTFORCOM/COMPACFLT INSTRUCTION 6320.3B (as it may be amended from time to time) to deploy and must maintain that status, as a condition of employment, or face administrative termination. This may require an annual fitness for duty physical and review.
• Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
• Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
• Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Stationbackground.
• Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVICsystems).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.