Job Requisition:Emerging Technology Leader, Mission Applications
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation (HSS) has an opening for an Emerging Technology Director with strong SecDevOps and Agile Center of Excellence experience, to Lead across the Civil Group, developing and delivering solutions with mission applications to our valued customers. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the tip of the spearhead with Civil Group’s continued mission to solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies in a number of citizen-facing programs including those that enable scientific discovery, power homes and businesses, guide air traffic, streamline tax returns, protect digital footprints, contain environmental incidents, heighten port security, and equip humanitarian missions. This position will be based in Reston, VA and report to the HSS Operations Manager.
This role will have the amazing mission to:
Drive the identification, qualification, solutions development, and recommended delivery of Civil Group’s Mission Critical Applications capabilities requiring SecDevOps and Agile methodology. Objectives will be in continual alignment and growth of the Civil Group’s delivery of innovative IT services, and service management and innovation initiatives to meet the needs and changing mission of the environment of existing and capture of new clients.
- Serve as Civil Group Technical SME for targeted portfolios within the organization
- Drive Leidos Civil Group presentation of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with Group Leadership, Business Development, and Program Teams to identify and capture innovative technology solutions and drive the design execution from concept to completion; efforts would have desired result in developing a technology/capability pipeline that services current and future capabilities
- Evangelize and inspire adoption of emerging technologies and innovation, while guiding group technology experts with presenting solutions to customers
- Work with Program Managers, Chief Engineers and applicable stakeholders to identify and resolve impediments and remove blockers
- Conduct requirements analysis, and guide development and management of solutions Translate technical and business requirements into service enhancement or new development initiatives
- Develop business case and deliver recommendations that directly impact the group’s ability to grow
- May develop project plans and schedules
- Work with key stakeholders and Development Teams to clarify acceptance criteria
- Identify, recommend, and/or select ideal partners, external vendors, system platforms for solutions delivery
- Participate in proposal activities as needed
- May collaborate with technical team to provide prototypes on new feature/module development for organic growth of the product
- Primary focus may be on short to mid-term strategies impacting the group’s initiatives for solutions delivery within the next 3 years
- Solve complex problems that may involve limited availability of information
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or applicable technical discipline with 12+ years of related experience, or Master’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Will have at least 7 years of experience successfully supervising or leading teams or projects
- Proficient technical knowledge and experience with applications development and delivery in managed IT services and support environment, with emphasis in Agile development methodology and SecDevOps
- Experience leading cross-functional Project Management or Integrated Program Teams
- Strong communication and presentation delivery experience at all levels of management
- Proven requirements gathering, analysis, and solutions development skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to prioritize and while working with a sense of urgency where it makes business sense essential
- Deep management and leadership knowledge to build and lead cross-unit program teams
- PMI-ACP, CSP, SAFe Agilist, PMP, PMP-ACP or ITIL Certifications are highly desirable.
- Leadership skills in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements utilizing or moving toward Agile and SecDevOps
- Demonstrated experience leading trend and performance analysis processes that drive the implementation of service improvement strategies.
- Experience with full life cycle execution of data center consolidation within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Experience with using modern mockup user experience design tools.
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation – Guiding the world’s air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support – Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity – Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations – Operating the world’s longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering – Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management – Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization – Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions – Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management3000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.