Job Requisition:Systems Engineer (IOSS)
Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support various communication tools in the Austin, TX area.
This position is remote to the VA site in Austin, TX. The qualified candidate must live close enough to be onsite when required. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO). This position will support the typical network voice and data systems, but also will be responsible for video teleconferencing and other online collaborative tools, such as WEBEX, VBrick and Cisco TMS.
Must have prior experience in installing, operating, and maintaining voice/data telecommunications systems and networks, as well as other online meeting tools.
Current systems to support:
• Cisco Call Manager
• Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
• Voice/data telecommunications
• Video Teleconferencing (VTC) system(s)
• Cisco hardware
• PEXIP system
• Works under the direction of the VA to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and/or project objectives.
• Responsible for projects within the technical area.
• Responsible for process and procedures within the technical area.
• Maintain system readiness and ensure fully operational.
• Maintain utilization reports, tracking scheduled and unscheduled events, record issues and identify potential risks to operations for future engineering review and trend analysis.
• Review/baseline the current environment and configuration.
• Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and related documents as required by ITOPS IO standards or other directives provided by the Government COR/VA PM.
• Prepare reports required for tracking progress as required.
• Perform analysis on immerging technologies and software. Research solutions online or via other sources for market research information and prepare results for COR Per COR Instructions.
• Develop technical solutions, working with internal experts and vendors, to understand impact of end-product.
• Review, analyze, and provide recommended updates to all operational and maintenance procedures.
• Adhere to task order specifications and established policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the COR, Government VA PM, or management.
• Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills).
• BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline with 6 -10 years of experience.
• 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.