Job Requisition:Director of Operations / Resource Manager
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. We are seeking a Director of Operations / Resource Manager to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Sensors and Mission Equipment Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD to assist in the project operations and placement of the matrix personnel for the Sensors Consolidation Task Order effort.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Aerial and Terrestrial Sensors and Aviation Mission Equipment systems. You will provide technical support to the assigned SMED systems to include: Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), and Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite), Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), aviation navigation, communications, ground support avionics, command and control, and tactical air traffic control systems.
Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design. Participates in the development of test strategies. Solving system analysis problems (or managing the solution of system analysis problems) in the functional area to which assigned. Additional duties may include: work schedule analysis, work force assignment, performing requirements and design reviews; analyzing specification updates and management; supporting engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR); managing and responding to Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Change Requests (CRs); performing safety analysis and reporting; and conducting safety tasks/developing Safety Plans and Reports; Safety Analysis and Reporting; Conduct safety tasks and develop Safety Plans and Reports; performing Software Engineering Assessments and Technical Evaluation; and determining completeness, accuracy, clarity, maintainability, supportability, reusability and performance to meet specification requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Five (5) years functional experience performing analysis and decomposition of high level user requirements into functional system, SW and HW requirements
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Currently possess an active Top Secret clearance
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Direct experience with assigned SMED systems a strong plus
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Sustainment processes a plus