Job Requisition:Telecommunications Engineer
The ESA IV program provides the Antitrust Division (ATR) of the Department of Justice customers with voice services including both mobility and VoIP support. These externally-managed services provide customers with the use of VoIP soft-clients, VoIP desk phones, VoIP conference phones, mobile smart phones, tablets, and other devices that enable communications.
This opportunity is ideal for a Communications Engineer with diverse demonstrated experience, to configure, manage, and support operate the full lifecycle of ATR’s secure Mobile device management (MDM) platform including monitoring, managing and securing employees' mobile devices that are deployed across the enterprise, both in-house and remote, and potentially across multiple mobile operating systems. Also experience is desired with in voice-over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications (UC) concepts, telecommunications, networking, system administration, mobile device management, circuit management, and mobile device security is desirable.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and engineering of mobile device management (MDM) platforms
- Troubleshooting support for Apple mobile hardware and operating systems
- Implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Proactive management of the Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) configurations and Apple Configurator and additional support for networking configurations, troubleshooting, and operations
- Supporting end-users to process and resolve technical and service issues
- Tracking, updating, and closing service and incident tickets in a modern ITSM tool that contributes to meeting or exceeding our contractual SLAs
- Provide reports on user activity and usage patterns
- Managing and administering an externally-hosted VoIP/Unified Communications platform
- Managing the ATR’s asset inventory, including processing moves, adds, changes, and deletes along with corresponding physical asset deployment and recovery
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Managing, tracking, and reporting telecommunications inventories
- Assuming ownership of telecommunications engineering tasks in coordination and consultation with customers and peers
- Assisting the customer with telecommunication circuit orders, usage tracking, billing, and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with an industry-leading mobile device management (MDM) platform
- Knowledge of Apple mobile hardware and operating systems
- Understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience with Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) configurations, Apple Volume Purchase Program app administration, and Apple Configurator
- Experience providing enterprise deployments of corporate-owned mobile devices
- This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the government to permit access to customer-sensitive information
- Direct experience managing Airwatch MDM platforms
- Experience planning and implementing touchless device deployments
- Experience managing and administering a VoIP/Unified Communications platform from a vendor such as RingCentral, 8x8, BroadSoft, or similar
- Understanding of telecommunications circuits and PSTN interfaces
- Experience with networking configurations and network troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundational concepts, ITSM based ticketing, and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.