Job Requisition:Construction Manager--Utilities Plant
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an on-site Owner’s Representative Construction Manager with primary responsibility for reporting construction progress and issues while working in a team setting to support construction and updating of a Central Utilities Plant.
Primary responsibilities and duties include assisting the Owner in: providing regular updates to the Owner regarding the status of construction, observing construction installation is in accordance with design and specifications, participating in on-site meetings, documenting construction progress on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, including via reports supported by photographs, ensuring installation is consistent with best practices, and helping the overall project reaching successful operations.
Other opportunities within the role include providing reports to the Ownership team, participating in periodic meetings, providing analysis on the construction schedule, and opining on the merits of any potential change order.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in engineering or construction with at least 2-4 years' experience in on-site construction of industrial projects, commercial mechanical or electrical systems, or power generation. A candidate with extensive field experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Previous experience as an on-site Owner’s Representative is a plus.
• Experience working on a military facility is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze a CPM schedule, and compare field progress to CPM schedule.
• Team player with ability to communicate effectively with Owner’s, staff, subcontractors, and craft.
• Familiarity with large construction projects – industrial, large commercial mechanical and electrical systems, or electrical transmission and distribution experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with construction budgets and budget updates.
• Familiarity with review of construction submittals.
• Familiarity with construction documentation such as ECN’s, CD’s, RFI, NCR.
• Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Self-starter, comfortable with working the hours required of an on-site Owner’s Rep for a construction project.
• Strong analytical skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.