Job Requisition:Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Leidos Cryptographic and Security Testing Laboratory (CSTL) specializes in consulting and testing commercial products against one or more of the following security standards:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 for cryptographic modules
- FIPS 201 for Personal Identity Verification (PIV) smart cards
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) enterprise scanning tools
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) for smart cards
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be responsible for implementing software in support of the CSTL. Much of this software will be related to automation of testing in order to improve internal processes. Candidate will mostly work independently but will engage with CSTL team members for architectural (design) direction and feedback.
The SDET will be involved in the entire software development process, from initial concept through algorithm and software design to implementation, analysis, demonstration, and deployment. Our management structure gives you the freedom to create innovative designs and solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience writing well-designed, maintainable, and extensible software. In addition to software development related tasks, the candidate will become familiar with the security standards listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Experience with C, C++ and Python.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN).
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently with little to no direction from management.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with parsing information to/from JSON, CSV, HTML and INI files.
- Familiarity with FIPS 140-2.
- Knowledge of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, entropy analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.