Job Requisition:Mainframe Systems Programmer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is seeking a Mainframe Systems Programmer!
Primary Responsibilities: Serves as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an Enterprise data center environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mainframe Systems Programmer – responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support and maintenance of the Department’s IBM System Z mainframe environment.
- Serves as a systems programmer for z/OS with support of z/VM only for IOCD (I/O configuration) and configuration of resources on the CEC.
- Handling day-to-day activities, some storage admin duties, Disaster Recovery planning/preparation and testing.
- May serve as the administrator for PARMLIB changes for all LPARs that are implemented at PM outages.
- Maintains a familiarity with the shutdown REXX code that is used to shut down all LPARs just prior to PM outages in a clean and timely fashion.
- Serves as the backup for automation issues when primary support is unavailable.
- Serves as a backup for mainframe storage SME when the primary support is unavailable.
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to perform installation, maintenance, problem analysis and prevention, system tailoring, customization and administration, performance monitoring and tuning, and documentation of IBM z/OS.
- Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and device related problems.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong customer service skills.
Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- z/OS System Support Knowledge including parmlib, authorize libraries, CLISTs, REXX and Procs changes.
- Experience maintaining mainframe IODF.
- Experience maintaining JES2 subsystem
- VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both DOJ and external government customers)
- TCP/IP experience (primarily IPv4 but in the early stages of IPv6). This includes all the IP-LU Mapping (an example is the Two Factor LUName requirements for Top Secret), OSA cards on all mainframe and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet. BIG-IP
- Console communications with OSA-ICC experience.
- Experience installing and migrating new software releases
- HW: General knowledge of mainframe hardware including IBM z14, or IBM z13, or IBM EC12, Virtual tape and enterprise storage
- SW: Operating Systems: Installing and maintaining z/OS
- Using IBM SW: IBM Utilities, Tape Management Software, scheduler software
- Languages: CLISTs, REXX
- Must have an active and current Top Secret clearance upfront.
- Using IBM SW: TSO, ISPF, SDSF, JCL
- SW: Websphere, Connect:Direct, DB2, CA-Top Secret (or other external security manager on z/VM), CA-Scheduler, CA-1, Assembler
- HW: Hitachi VSP, IBM TS3500, IBM TS7720/7740 VTL
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.