Job Requisition:Director Healthcare Applications
As part of our MITS team, the Applications Director functions as the primary liaison between the Leidos Health organization and the customers’ leadership and application teams!
This position will require you to be onsite in our Lavonia, MI office at minimum 3 days a week. You will also travel to various customer locations within the Health System.
- Manages a team of 10 with ultimate responsibility to an organization of over 400 employees
- Provides technical and direct supervision of application leaders
- Interfaces with senior executive customers about the health of the overall program
- Conducts periodic review of all systems
- Reviews modification/change requests for impact on entire IT system
- Obtains user acceptance for completed change requests
- Understands and implements organization standards, changes and procedures across all application staff
- Provides direction for Comprehensive knowledge of application support needs and IT procedures such as system change management, work order and SLA management
- Coordinates with the PMO and project managers to plan, direct and implement all new projects and change requests
- In conjunction with the PMO, maintains the master schedule of implementation for new application updates across all customer environments
- Plans the pooling and assignment of resources necessary for the application support
- Provides distribution of application support and project workload
- Provides an estimation of staff required to support the changing customer support needs
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience delivering application support in the healthcare industry
- 5-8 years’ experience managing complex, large operations and projects with budgets over $100M
- operations experience across sizable health systems experience (Hospital to Ambulatory environments), and a large complex application environment of 200+ applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of application support needs and IT procedures such as system change management, work order and SLA management
- Mandatory: Must have practical experience supporting Cerner, Epic, and other ancillary clinical and business applications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.