Job Requisition:Exchange/Office 365 Administrator
Leidos has an opening for a Windows Exchange Systems Administrators to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support.
The individuals selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a key Microsoft Exchange Systems Administrator and will be responsible for managing the on-premises NEST Exchange environment and leading the design changes and enhancements of the on-premises Office 365 instance and the cloud-based Office 365 instance. The candidate will be part of a team of Exchange/Collaboration subject matter experts that will define the email solution for NASA and the collaboration tools and processes to support the NASA environment.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Provide direction and support for the on-premises NASA Exchange environment (NOMAD). This will include developing roadmaps to support the decommissioning of the current NOMAD solution. This requires detailed knowledge of and experience with key concepts such as email forwarders, anti-spam and anti-virus tools and network routing amongst the various components.
• Lead the integration of the various Office 365 components – OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint/Teams – to support the NASA environment. This will involve partnering with other contractors and vendors (e.g., Microsoft) to gather requirements and create architectures to meet the need of the NASA communities.
• Leading the design of the Office 365 authentication mechanisms. This requires working and architectural knowledge of key authentication techniques and implementation – Windows AD, ADFS, certificates, etc.
• Provide leadership and mentoring support for other team member in support of the administration and Exchange Distribution Lists, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam tools, service account setup and administration, etc.
• Provide Tier 3 level support on customer escalations associated with critical, service affecting issues.
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Outstanding knowledge of Exchange administration - On-premises and cloud (e.g., O365)
• Outstanding knowledge of SharePoint and SharePoint administration
• Very good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Very good knowledge of SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• Very good knowledge of Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Knowledge of certificate management (e.g., Certificate Authorities)
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience is required.
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices. Awareness of security settings (e.g., STIGs)
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Completing registry backups, restorations and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• MCSE certification
• Network knowledge and experience
• Good understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux interoperability).
• Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.