Job Requisition:Assistant Facilities Manager
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Assistant Facilities Manager to work in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This is a great opportunity to use your previous experience at a government or commercial test facility to enhance our nation’s ability to test new and innovative technologies to counter the threat of weapons of mass destruction. In this mission we provide Systems Engineering and Integration Support, to include providing assistance to a government facilities manager at a large test site at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. You will be responsible in ensuring that all test articles and test support infrastructure are in a constant state of readiness so that test teams involved in nuclear/radiation detection can perform tests with minimum preparation time. Provide low-level radiological sources handling for all radiological test events conducted at the test site and assemble unique Radiation Signature Testing Devices (RSTD). Serve as the alternate Radiation Safety Officer and assistant Security Manager. Provide weekly updates of test activities to the government.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to plan future tests and review test and program results
- Handling and storage of low level radiological materials
- Planning, execution and integration of tests into government test plans
- Ensuring security of test site
- Communicating of test results in both oral and written formats.
- Providing technical oversight and guidance to a test team
- Operation of forklift up to 20,000 lbs, SkyTrak telescopic forklift and Genie Manlift boom lift
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge of government test procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to lift test articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Secret clearance, eligible for Top Secret/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
- Valid state driver’s license
- Able to obtain DoD driver’s license, Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) certification and certification to operate a forklift up to 20,000lbs, and Manlift 35'-60' training within 30 days of requirement
- Top Secret clearance
- Experience with radiation and/or nuclear detection
- Knowledge of Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Laser Safety Officer (LSO) certification
- DoD driver’s license
- Previous experience with Research, Development Test & Evaluation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.