Job Requisition:Systems Administrator-Monitors-TS/SCI REQUIRED
Leidos is seeking motivated candidates that qualify for the position Systems Administrator to support a government customer in St. Louis, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance ability and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED for consideration.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
Operations and Support Responsibilities:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various
- constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Configure / add new services as necessary
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency
- Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration-Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.