Job Requisition:Senior Network Management Engineer
Leidos Corporate is seeking a Senior Network management Engineer to join our Information Technology Services (ITS) team.
In this role, you will provide overall engineering support for network management systems for ITS team, with a focus on SNMP-based monitoring, Netflow analysis, and network configuration management.
- Support the full network engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Work with other Engineering team members and interact with senior management and end users to gather requirements and perform troubleshooting.
- Handle seldom, barely defined, and unusual job events, as well as interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Leverage your network engineering expertise to provide network performance reporting, network design and configuration, and day-to-day network management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of IT relevant experience, including network management and engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with project management and ITIL change & configuration management.
- Experience with network design and configuration, as well as network management tools and solutions..
- Strong network performance reporting skills, including SNMP network monitoring and netflow analysis.
- Good understanding of Cisco WAN/LAN technologies.
- 3+ Years experience in SQL/ODBC interfaces and app interface development using REST API’s.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following experience: Solarwinds NPM and similar tools, IP SLA, HP NA, SD WAN management
- Current or former Cisco certifications – CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.