Job Requisition:Sr. Software Engineer - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opportunity for an experienced Mid-level Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Ft. Meade Maryland at the customer site.
The OCEANWAVE program has multiple task orders, all supporting diverse, unique programs for the customer. The OCEANWAVE program enhances, tests, manages, configures, and decommissions many different technical capabilities across a wide range of programs and systems. There are many opportunities for professional growth for new and experienced professionals on this program.
- Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Perform application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Research new internet/intranet technologies and software products
- 12-15 years professional software engineering experience, with a minimum of eight (8) years circuit switch developing software experience with NSA, other Intelligence Community or DoD SIGINT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- An additional four (4) years of Software Engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- SWEs with less than fourteen (12) years’ experience may be considered with advanced degrees or superior recommendations and position specific experience working the customer.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position.
- Experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Strong Experience in optimizing GUI displays
- Experience with SWING or JavaFX
- Experience designing and implementing object oriented solutions in Java
- Experience with Java, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing Software Requirements, Software Development Processes, and Software Debugging,
- Experience in inteliJ, NetBean, or Eclipse development environments
- Strong understanding of data structures and multi-threaded processing
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Familiarity navigating Linux using bash commands to configure administrative settings and evaluate system performance
- Able to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff, and integrated applications
- Basic understanding of modern telephony systems
- Experience with basic networking
- Experience with cellular technologies
- Familiarity with various signals processing systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.