Job Requisition:Safety Engineer (Entry level)
The NISC III program at Leidos is looking for a Safety Engineer to support to Federal Aviation Administration.
In this role you will conduct inspections, identify safety, health and environmental issues that require resolution.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Review past inspection reports for issues and trends, identify areas that require focus in the new inspection.
- Finalize inspection results and enter data into Workplace Inspection Tool.
- Participate on environmental and safety related work-groups, assist in writing orders and direction for safety related programs and provide training in areas of expertise.
- Complete radiation surveys to ensure there are no risks to radiation exposure.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance is required.
- 60% Overnight Travel
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience with MS Office Suites
- Experience with FAA Programs and familiarity with FAA Orders
- Willing to be trained in OSHA guidelines and radiation testing
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.