Job Requisition:Project Scheduler
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a Project Scheduler on a major weapon acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise to the Federal program manager and project engineers as well as establishing programmatic liaison with project engineers at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities who are engaged in managing technical work. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project scheduling expertise ideally developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
• Advising development and subsequent revisions of an integrated, resource loaded schedule for a multi-billion dollar project.
• Application of advanced scheduling methodologies, practices, knowledge, skills, and abilities in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
• Integration with earned value management system.
• Presentations to teammates, company representatives, customer community, integrated product team and government program reviews including: integrated baseline reviews, monthly contract management reviews, weekly schedule status reviews, and monthly schedule reviews.
• Schedule analysis and reports consisting of critical path analysis reports, late start/late finish schedule analysis reports, weekly schedule status reports, three month schedule forecast look-a-head reports, program schedule milestones/program events reports, monthly schedule earned value management performance status reports, and schedule comparison analysis, baseline variance analysis, and schedule forecast variance analysis, schedule validity analysis and scrubbing.
• Current DOE Q or DoD TS clearance required.
• BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Project and Primavera P6
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience supporting federal government programs is required.
• Prior experience in scheduling large, multi-organizational integrated resource loaded schedules.
• Prior experience with NNSA headquarters, NNSA field (e.g., SNL, LANL or LLNL) or the Department of Defense (e.g., Air Force, Navy, Army, DTRA).
• Master’s degree.
• Prior experience in weapon systems engineering; requirements management, risk management and configuration management of large projects; and integrating work of multiple contractors.
• PMP certification is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.