Job Requisition:Senior Firewall Engineer
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a “no downtime, zero outages” vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to managed services, all of which are based on our customer’s required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, Storage Operations and Cloud Management. Part of everyone’s responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you – your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior Firewall Engineer, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices. Design, implement and maintain security standards/policies/procedures. Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes. Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management process. The candidate must be a self-starter, disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct is a must.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- The position will be to Lead the Firewall Engineering and Operations team (about 12 people).
- You will be responsible for resource loading all engineering projects (External, Internal, or Customer Centric).
- You will assist in determining priority and of level of effort for the required projects and be responsible for determining how many project can be executed simultaneously.
- Ensure the team has required documentation for the baseline of the firewall infrastructure.
- Assist with development of new processes and/or refinement of current processes.
- Ability to manage SR/CR assignments and ensuring timely closure on each.
- Establish a service model for the team to include definition of capabilities, services provided, and a costing model for the firewall team.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported
- The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls (at least Checkpoint, Cisco ASAs, Juniper, FireMon) and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
- Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Palo Alto, Firepower, Fortinet.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.