The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a UI Architect in Bethesda, MD.
- Help develop strategy and implementation plan for modernizing the UI of a large and complex enterprise system that serves multiple stakeholders.
- Assist in determining a transition strategy for migrating existing web applications (Java/Spring) to a modern web framework (Angular, Vue, React), which supports co-existence.
- Develop standards and best practices for UI development across multiple teams, supporting many systems.
- Collaborate with UX and Developers to build, test and document reusable UI components and provide technical feedback.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to build prototypes, POCs, and production UIs, and integrate with APIs.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers on API design (REST), tooling, and strategy
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand the user value of initiatives, create plans for execution and iteration, and communicate progress.
- Mentor and provide subject matter expertise through code review, pairing and presentations.
- Help design and develop reusable UI components and strategy (CDN, NPM, Angular Library Project, etc
- The architect will own the UI design process from cradle to grave: ie. completing, coordinating, delegating, or, by proving to stakeholders that it's not worth the time/cost/risk, thus removing the work.
Exciting opportunity for someone looking to own the process and be a real leader and contributor.
Does the below describe you?
A collaborator: you understand that software is bigger than one person/team/department, and that the best results come from working closely with others.
A questioner: you ask why, dig for context, and rely on data to inform decisions.
A learner: you are curious, interested, engaged, and always aiming to improve. You keep up on trends and tools and can identify opportunities to use them to benefit you and your team.
Detail-oriented: you have an eye for design and a passion for code that causes you to sweat the details.
Quality-minded: you strive for clean code and UIs, but know when and how to make tradeoffs in time/cost/maintainability/performance. You're apt to leaving an area of code in a better state than you found it.
A mentor: you lead by example, set the bar high, and help build others up.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years hands-on Core Web Technologies Experience (HTML, CSS, JS), 10+ years hands-on Web Architectural Experience
Although the specific technologies and tools that we use (noted in parentheses) may be different from what you're using, you should be familiar with and/or excited about these general areas:
- Modern Web Frameworks (Angular 6+, Vue 2+, React, NPM/Node)
- Common Web Libraries (JQuery, Bootstrap, Chart.js, D3, DataTables, Material)
- Reusable Component / Pattern Library (homegrown)
- Web Components (Angular Elements / Polymer / native)
- Code Standardization (Lint)
- Dev/Build Tooling (Webpack / Minification / Gradle / Jenkins / Cruise Control)
- Testing (Jasmine / Karma / Selenium)
- Agile/Scrum (managed via Jira)
- Compiled CSS (SCSS)
- Version Control (Git / Stash)
- Familiarity with APIs / REST (Swagger)
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks / languages (Java / Spring)
- Bonus: Experience with Web Analytics
Requires the Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.