Job Requisition:Junior Software Test Automation Engineer
The Defense Group within Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Software Test Automation Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Software Engineer will work closely with architecture and software engineering teams to verify software functionality and automate testing.
The AFATDS is a multi-service command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Work in an integrated team capacity, frequently coordinating with Systems Engineers, Architects and Capability Software Developers
- Develop and maintain test utilities and test harnesses
- Use Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Participate and conduct peer reviews of automated test scripts
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing, Smoke Testing and Integration Testing, Interface Testing, and Regression Testing
- Maximize test automation and participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST)
- Produce test reports
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- Work closely with the Test Engineering team to support program milestone events including the Critical Design Review (CDR) and Limited User Testing (LUT)
- BS degree in related technical field or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience or
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Knowledge of Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming and Java/J2EE technologies
- Knowledge of User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, Angular 2.x (TypeScript), etc
- Familiar with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
- Experience testing web services, including REST-based services using serialization formats such as JSON and/or XML
- Experience working with Linux, JAMA, Confluence, Jira, and BitBucket as well as standard Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of network architecture and communications
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.