Job Requisition:Junior Computer Scientists / Data Scientists
The Defense group at Leidos currently has opportunities in computer science and data science located in Springfield, VA. These are exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing traveling companion discovery algorithms for weaknesses and improvements.
- Developing whitepapers of formal co-traveler algorithms and principles.
- Developing methods to refine existing algorithms.
- Developing algorithms to improve image correlation
- Researching, designing, and testing methods for training neural networks to recognize objects in remote sensing imagery, with small training datasets.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience (additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Must have an active TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Poly
- Experience in at least one of the following:
1. Feature detection / matching; ability to incorporate geometry metadata to improve probability of detection.
2. In-depth analysis of algorithms for traveling companion discovery, motion GEOINT, or ground trajectory analysis to identify ways to improve performance.
3. Implementing traveling companion algorithms, trajectory data processing, or motion GEOINT algorithms.
Any of the following skills/knowledge are a plus but not required:
- Ability to translate pseudo-code into running code; ability to code in Java
- Ability to prototype JEMA components
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with image processing
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks, computer vision techniques, national imagery, metadata, virtual environments, and GPU-computing
- Advanced linear algebra mathematics skills
- Knowledge of AWS services along with environment/software accreditation process
- Familiarity with Graph theory, Bayesian models, and Markov models
- Familiarity with hardware operations and architecture, especially related to mobile devices
- Experience developing Mobile Apps
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.