Job Requisition:Information System Security Officer
Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office. This is an exciting opportunity for a junior- to mid-level ISSO to use your experience helping multiple contracted efforts and numerous security communities.
In this role, the ISSO will provide critical support in complying with Agency Systems Security Certification & Accreditation (C&A) processes, to include discovery meetings, achieving Interim Approval to Test (IATT) and in obtaining final Approval to Operate (ATO) status for Systems Security Plans (SSP) associated with all mission systems. In addition the ISSO will work with all appropriate agency elements to gain successful accreditation and maintain continuous monitoring activities.
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supports system security categorization efforts, security requirements selection/analysis, perform simple security control assessments and implements well planned continuous monitoring activates.
- Maintain contact with customers and security professionals
- Prepare all related Risk Management Framework documentation.
- Prepare documents such as Security Concept of Operations (SCONOPS) System Security Plans (SSPs).
- Performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities.
- Executes or supports the execution of Approval and Accreditation activities, including development of required security documentation, including items such as System Security Plans, SCTM’s and POA&M’s in compliance with Information Assurance policy.
- Perform straightforward weekly system audit reviews and media reviews.
- Executes security testing, using simple automated tools, to evaluate and ensure correct implementation of security controls.
- Supports the assessment and mitigation of vulnerabilities throughout a systems life cycle.
- Conduct information awareness security education training for all system users on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Perform incident response and cleanup actions when necessary per company or customer directions.
- Ensure system paperwork is completed when equipment is introduced or disposed in accordance with internal security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan.
- The ISSO is expected to provide expertise with agency Certification and Accreditation (C&A) policy, processes & tools.
- Development and maintenance of documentation required for C&A.
- Update and maintain SSP documentation; Manage all security relevant changes to the mission systems, assuring SSP documentation is up-to-date and ATO status is maintained
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience (experience may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Must have a Secret clearance.
- Experience and proficiency in technical writing. Experience authoring C&A packages is a must.
- Proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework, ICD-503, eMASS, OBMS, ODAA, JSIG and NIST SP 800-53.
- Past performance with strong writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.