Job Requisition:Investigator/ Legal Assistant
Leidos is looking for a qualified, highly motivated Investigator/Legal Assistant to join our team.
Primary Responsibilities include: performing a variety of tasks such as conducting factual and legal research utilizing on-line research tools, analyzing facts against statutory/regulatory requirement to determine sufficiency of a claim; drafting legal memoranda, notices and other legal documents; summarizing relevant materials for use by the government staff. All work will be performed in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure for the office. All applicants resumes must specifically state the experience, skills, and training listed in the Basic Qualifications.
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Accurint, and Westlaw.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely pressured environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced legal environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school preferred.
- Preference for experience working in a law firm and/or Government environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.