Job Requisition:Information Systems Security Engineer
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As an Information System Security Engineer, you will provide security support for the CMS ECIS program which includes all aspects of End Point security. You will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system vulnerabilities. You will be responsible for analyzing threats and develop and implement best practice methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
You will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements.
- Evaluate the security of end point systems using various tools such as Nessus and Kali.
- Operate a McAfee ePO and Checkpoint servers.
- Work with End Point engineering team to make sure baseline changes still meet security requirements.
- Implement new End Point security tools.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and minimum 5 years of relevant experience or Masters with minimum 2 years of relevant experience. At least 3 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree (i.e. minimum of 8 years of relevant experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): Security Center, Nessus, McAfee ePO, Windows Active Directory, Windows 10 Security, and Full Disk Encryption.
- Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
- Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing, vulnerability scanning, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Experience administering security tools.
- Experience in End Point/workstation security.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level II or higher.
- Past or current experience working as an ISSE on a government contract.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.