Job Requisition:Senior Manager of Database Services
Leidos's CIO Services Infrastructure Operations currently has an opening for a Senior Manager of Database Services in Orlando, Florida. This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership and database experience to lead a well skilled diverse database administrator Team. This Team's primary role is to maintain high profile Oracle and SQL Databases that support enterprise wide applications used across all of Leidos. This position has a partial telecommute option available.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Database Services.
- Provides comprehensive production leadership support of all Oracle (11g-19c) and MS-SQL (2012-2016) databases.
- Champion root cause and resolution of issues.
- Works directly with technical resources and upper management within Engineering, Applications and Operations.
- Enforces all security and corporate protocols.
- Management Responsibilities include: Prioritize workload; On Call Scheduling; Staff Meetings; Staff morale; Staffing (Hiring); Identifying and Coordinating Training; Scheduling of O&M and Project activities; Provides status reporting to upper leadership.
- Bachelors Degree from a US accredited University and minimum 8 years of relevant experience in database management, including 2 years of management experience.
- Hands on experience with Oracle RAC; Oracle ASM; Oracle 12c and multi-tenant DBs; SQL Tuning; Linux and PL/SQL Scripting; Database Upgrades, Patching and Monitoring.
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to travel as required. Travel is expected to be around 10%.
- Experience working with Virtual Teams.
- Strong communicator - ability to communicate up and across.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- MS SQL Server DBA experience
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle DataGuard
- Oracle Audit Vault
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.