Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cyber Security Analyst with the technical expertise to perform a broad range of information assurance engineering tasks in a complex customer environment. This position is responsible for:
- information gathering, port and vulnerability scanning and analysis according to policy;
- Scheduling, execution and tracking of vulnerability remediation activities;
- Security monitoring, analysis and incident response;
- Tracking, and reporting of security patch/upgrade implementation
- Development of security policies, processes and procedure
- Development of information security documents
- Conducting security audits
- Workload estimating
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Security product trade studies
- Security test and evaluation
- STIG/Checklist auditing.
- BS degree & 4-8 years of related experience or Masters & 2-6 years of related experience or experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
- 3 years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development is required.
This position has a particular focus on incident response and threat assessment as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Candidates should have experience in investigating computer and information security incidents to determine the extent of a compromise and providing assessments and forensics support of these incidents.
- The candidate is expected to have a broad range of knowledge into the latest tools and techniques used to secure IPv4 & IPv6 networks.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple domain areas.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
- Change management and Engineering control gates.
- Security architecture development
- Customer requirements identification
- Operations and maintenance
- Performance metrics related to security operations
- Experience identify new tools and perform trade studies
Clearance: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.