Job Requisition:Systems Administrator
Leidos is seeking a System Administrator who will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new systems, implementing critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
The Systems Administrator on the Origin program performs the following duties:
• Provide Tier 1, Tier 2 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
• Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
• Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
• Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
• Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
• Provide brown-bag and training sessions for customers
• Requires BS degree and 4–8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
• ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.
• Application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems.
• Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
• Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude.
• Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports.
• Must be available for on-call support as required.
• Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain env.
• Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2.
• Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows Enterprise 7 & 10.
• Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
• Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.