Job Requisition:Systems Engineer Manager
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager who will be responsible for managing and overseeing the HCAccess Integrated Data Warehouse teams of 16+ engineers.
- Oversee Data warehouse and Siebel activities, assist with technical issues, and remove potential roadblocks to success.
- Provide management support to Reports manager when needed to ensure IDW (Integrated Data Warehouse) team has the proper resources and requirements to develop necessary ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) code to provide data to create reports.
- Propose and coordinate IDW and Siebel staffing plan with the Engineering Manager.
- Work with recruiter during the hiring process to bring on new resources as required.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews to employees.
- Counsel employees on their performance as necessary.
- Evaluate/recommend employees for promotions, evaluate salaries and coordinate with Human Resources on potential adjustments.
- Assist employees in preparing performance goals.
- Meet with employees throughout the year to discuss their progress in meeting their goal.
- Provide mentorship, career development advice, skills development and training, and overall guidance to IDW and Siebel team members.
- Support proposal efforts by providing IDW cost and schedule estimates.
- Periodically review and update the IDW interface and process documents.
- Manage IT projects as needed.
- Work with all engineering managers to staff IDW employees across all IT projects and efforts.
- Work with project managers as needed to resolve resource conflicts between projects.
Please note: Position has a potential for Telework Days with Manager's approval.
- Experience working on an O&M (Operations and Maintenance) program.
- Demonstrated experience managing OR leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise for providing oral and written communication to management while providing technical leadership to engineering and operational teams.
- Demonstrated experience in system engineering and Data Warehouse processes.
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently.
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan.
- Skill in using analysis, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to challenges.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Current DHS TSA Public Trust security clearance OR ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Knowledge of, or experience with Human Capital operational processes.
- Experience managing a team of virtual employees.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse technology, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience with DataStage, Control M, SQL Scripting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.