Job Requisition:Team Lead Application Support
Position Summary - Team Lead Application Support
The Team Lead is responsible for all activities related to the support of Customer Information Services (CIS) applications in his/her area. He/She manages and assigns work to the application support team in
coordination with the overall application support team. This team will consist of business and technical analysts and may be one of several teams supporting a large application product (e.g. SMS Revenue, SMS
Financials, TDS Clinical, etc.). The Team Lead is responsible for all management aspects of his/her team, i.e. annual evaluations, hiring, counseling, mentoring and other management activities. Confers with
and advises staff on standards, policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Manages priorities set by the Application Support Manager or Senior Manager. Understands and
supports the strategic direction of CIS/Leidos and manages his/her support area in accordance with that strategy. Works closely with other Team Leads and/or Manager of the application area to make
sure priorities and work assignments are managed consistently.
- Contributes to projects by determining tasks and priorities necessary to accomplish given objectives. Participates in defining project plans and goals, and managing portions of projects.
- Provides direction and manages small to mid-size projects and teams. Determines plans and schedules resources needed to accomplish given overall outcomes
- Performs own tasks effectively to meet deadlines and systematically monitors project schedules and staff performance to ensure overall project deadlines and SLAs are met
- Produces quality results within established timelines. Engages in activities beyond the scope of own job when asked to do so.
- Act as first point of contact and escalation for application team for analysts
- Strong understanding of the Epic system including applications, implementations, and support
- Experience with Epic system rollouts, upgrades and/or Community Connect
- Proven ability to thrive in and foster an existing team-oriented culture rooted in respect, ethics and integrity, team work, collaboration and effective communication
- Solution-oriented; skilled in grasping the essentials in complex situations, anticipating client needs, and conceptualizing both problems and solutions
- Strong customer service attitude and skillset
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- Subject matter expert and Epic Certification in designated application(s)
- Drives issue communication, resolution and escalation
- Perform services directly for client, as necessary
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio
- Bachelor’s degree ( prior relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree) and a minimum of 5 years experience,
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects highly recommended.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.