Job Requisition:Safety Manager
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Safety Manager supporting the PSS-T program. Leidos is the Product Support Management and Logistics Lead for an unmanned aerial intelligence platform located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas and depots. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T) program.
The Safety Manager for the PSS-T Program is responsible for the development and implementation of a safety program compliant with AR 385-10, MIL-STD-882E, and OSHA standards 29 CFR 1910. The Safety Manager is responsible for conducting annual safety audits for every operational site and logistics hub, the Training and Test Center in Yuma, AZ, the Flight Operations Center, Integration and Test Center, and Tobyhanna through self-assessments.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and controlling occupational hazards and promoting worksite and/or product safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, psychology, physiology, and industrial health and safety laws.
- Advising on safety requirements, designing protective equipment and/or safety devices, redesigning controls to eliminate occupational hazards.
- Reviewing proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices, and recommending technical changes as needed.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and either eliminating or controlling all inherent hazards to ensure minimum risk to the environment and personnel.
- Responsible for all workplace safety evaluations, safety checklists and signage, operational safety precautions like protective gear and safety training for operating machinery or tooling is present.
- Responsible for safety program and audits at all responsible sites.
- Responsible for maintain records for the life of the contract plus two (2) years and shall provide them to the Government upon request.
- Responsible for ensuring all logistics personnel label and store all HAZMAT containers IAW Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Part 1910 and AR-200-1.
- Responsible for ensuring the logistics personnel are qualified, licensed/certified personnel familiar with HAZMAT requirements to prepare/package HAZMAT for transport on military airlift IAW TM 38-250 and OSHA 1910.
- Responsible for working with Logistics to track HAZMAT and ensure Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) are present in all work locations using HAZMAT materials.
- Responsible for monitoring to ensure materials are compliant with HAZMAT as delineated in the Environmental Protection Agency manual 17 and installation HAZMAT policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the reduction of excess hazardous waste disposal by optimizing procedures for reuse of material, rotation of stocks to ensure the use prior to expiration date, and protecting stocks from damage by weather and poor handling.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience managing a workplace safety program.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating a safety program to OSHA standards.
- Familiar AR 385-10, MIL-STD-882E, and OSHA standards 29 CFR 1910
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Prior experience managing a safety program for the DoD.
- Bachelor's degree and six (6) or more years of Safety Program Management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.