Job Requisition:Clinical Program Manager
The Biobehavioral Division within the Military and Veterans Health Services Operation at Leidos has a need for a Clinical Program Manager.
The individual selected for this position will perform a variety of duties to support the Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate at the Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA.
The individual selected for this position will perform a variety of disease surveillance, accredited clinical laboratory testing, diagnostic evaluations, and scientific research services for the Operational Infectious Diseases Directorate at the Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA. Support may also be provided in such functional areas as laboratory-based surveillance of numerous populations in unique environments to quantify and study the etiology of infectious illnesses, testing specimens collected from ongoing surveillance programs and from special investigations of febrile illnesses and pneumonia among military personnel or civilians (recruits, forces afloat, deployed forces, outbreaks of concern, DoD dependents and border populations.)
Other duties include:
- Provide support for protocol‐driven scientific research addressing infectious diseases
- Support surveillance of operational infectious diseases that affect DoD personnel in coordination with federal agencies, local governments, research organizations, and universities at locations around the world (coordination will be completed by the Government
- Provide operational support for diagnostic evaluations, clinical studies, and/or clinical trials supported by NHRC and sponsored by Federal Agencies or private companies
- Support government scientists in writing protocol‐driven research proposals, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer‐reviewed manuscripts (subject to Government approval).
- Recommend changes to protocols and research standard operating procedures as needed (subject to Government approval).
- Provide QA and laboratory (both molecular and microbiology) support
- Support and manage clinical trials
a. BS in Molecular Biology or related field
b. 8 or more years of relevant experience supporting military infectious disease research
c. Advanced skills using software tools, including Microsoft Suite and Adobe Pro
d. Experience with the military or working in a DoD environment preferred.
e. Strong skills to critically review, independently edit, format and synthesize various types of information
Previous or current clearance or history of a completed government background check
*This position requires U.S. Citizenship with ability to obtain Secret government clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.