Job Requisition:Special Security Representative
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Special Security Representative at Offutt AFB, NE. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the 55th Wing Special Security Officer (SSO) with the day-to-day
administration and implementation of the of the following SCI security programs: personnel, industrial, information and physical security. Provides assistance to the Senior Intelligence Officer (SIO); and subordinate units; as well as Army, Navy, Marines, other government agencies, contractors, civilians and other command organizations. Serve as a subject matter expert on government sponsors' sensitive compartmented information (SCI) security requirements as outlined in Intelligence Community Directives and applicable DoD manuals and Air Force instructions.
1. Manage one or more disciplines of a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) program including physical, personnel, information and industrial security. Conduct SCI security briefings, indoctrinations and debriefings; obtain signed non-disclosure agreements and perform related personnel security actions. Create and manage personnel and security information folders (SIFs). Conduct internal audits.
2. Prepare and process incoming Visit Authorization Requests (VARS). Validate clearances/accesses and prepare and process outgoing VARs. Maintain records of incoming and outgoing VARs in accordance with established practice. Prepare and issue access control badges. Complete and coordinate access request packages for access authorization authority. Create, update and distribute entry authority lists.
3. Review documents for proper security classification markings and provide guidance for proper overall classification issues. Conduct annual security self-inspections. Facilitate prepublication reviews. Investigate and resolve SCI security violations and infractions. Conduct internal audits. Perform courier duties. Lead or assist with classified meeting preparation and execution. Support the planning and execution of security education programs.
4. Assist with interpreting, applying and complying with Security Classification Guides. Ensure that the SCI infrastructure, e.g. networks, systems and facilities required by selected program(s) is appropriate to meet mission needs; ensure information systems and networks comply with contract requirements by working with the assigned Information Assurance Officer (IAO); assist the IAO with executing IA duties; ensure appropriate accreditations are in place for facilities and systems, to include co-use, joint-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs.
5. Establish working relationship with government security counterparts. Attend government-sponsored events and symposia as required.
**Note: This job summary and listing of duties is not all inclusive; rather, it describes the purpose of the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- 4 years of related experience (1 or more years’ experience in SCI or compartmented program support to include at least 3 years of security-related experience).
- Strong SCI security and customer service capabilities.
- Experience working with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and similar Federal security directives.
- Understanding of the Intelligence and Department of Defense communities
- Proven ability to multi-task efforts without sacrificing quality work products
- Ability to provide security support to multiple programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong writing, organizational skills and follow-through
- Able to interact professionally with staff at all levels
- Proven track record of successfully solving problems given short deadlines
- Understanding of government personnel data bases such as JPAS, Scattered Castles, and e-QIP
- Five or more years of experience in SCI or compartmented program support to include at least three years of professional-level experience
- Direct experience working as a Special Security Representative, Contractor Program Security Officer, or Facilities Security Officer
- Thorough understanding of DoD organizational structures
- Demonstrated general organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus Special Working Conditions: Will be working in a closed environment; extended hours periodically required; valid state driver's license required; minimal (1-2 weeks per year) local and out of area travel may be required.
Security: TS/SCI Clearance is required, CI Poly (desired). Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Must be willing to take a counter-intelligence polygraph examination. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.