Job Requisition:Senior Energy Program Engineer
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria or St. Louis as an Energy Program Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience with experience in calculating energy saving estimates, energy auditing, and communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers. The position will be responsible for reviewing technical energy efficiency applications for incentives and rebates for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas customers. The position will help provide technical review of gas and electric utility demand-side management (DSM) projects around the state of Illinois. The candidate should have knowledge of the operation of different types of energy using systems within the industrial and/or commercial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, etc.). In addition, this position will research technology changes to support improvements to the energy efficiency program and develop new energy saving methods for electric and gas customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with minimum of 6 years experience
- Must have prior experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies.
- Experience with Advanced Lighting and Controls, Commercial HVAC, Compressed Air, or Industrial Process technology
- Must be a team player capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks. She/he must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines. CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
- Technical experience with energy efficiency, energy efficient audits, or combined heat and power technologies.
- Must be able to conduct project tracking and have been in a previous technical role in an energy efficiency or similar technical environment.
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) or ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work cooperatively and contentiously on a technical team, along with working with non-technical team members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Positive, patient and friendly attitude
- Familiarity with data acquisition, instrumentation or controls
- Experience working with commercial contractors
- Understanding of utility-offered products or services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, organization, time management, and team-building skills with demonstrated ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.