Job Requisition:Submarine Training Program Director
Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic leader to fill the position of Submarine Training Program Director at its Bethesda, Maryland location, to lead the High Fidelity Simulation (HFS) Submarine Trainer Projects. The Submarine Training Program Director reports directly to the HFS Business Area Manager and is principally responsible for design, development, test, and installation of large-scale US Navy submarine training systems. Responsibilities include government customer and fleet end user communication, system requirement analysis, budget development, program execution tracking, financial management, and program office support. Achieving success as the Submarine Training Program Director requires strong technical and program management skills as described below.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Delivers Submarine Trainer products on time and within budget
- Leads execution under submarine trainer contracts
- Guides, advises and assists technical staff in program execution
- Monitors technical progress and makes course corrections as needed
- Manages training programs by supervising and coordinating with technical program managers to ensure projects have adequate staffing, achievable plans, and provide deliverables that meet contract requirements
- Communicates with internal development teams, external partnering organizations, U.S. Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers.
- Identifies technical and financial risk and communicates to senior management
- Supports generation of winning proposals
Education and Experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in development of Navy systems managing projects related to the design, development, test, and evaluation of complex systems.
- Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance with ability to acquire TOP SECRET.
This position requires program management experience and the demonstrated ability to:
- Effectively manage a team or organizational unit and establish strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers and peers
- Grow existing customer relationships and programs through responsiveness to customer needs, sustained excellence in program execution,
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; OR a Master’s Degree in a Management Discipline AND a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 13 years of experience managing projects and programs related to the design, development, systems integration, test, and evaluation of complex systems related to acoustics and training systems.
- 13 years of experience with U.S. Navy submarine AN/BQQ-10 sonar and AN/BYG-1 combat systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.