Job Requisition:Microsoft Power BI Developer
Leidos is looking for a Microsoft Power BI Developer to join our exciting and growing Systems Optimization team within our Corporate Group. We’re looking for someone who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who can support this role from one of the following locations: Reston – VA, King of Prussia – PA, Orlando – FL, or Gaithersburg – MD. We will also consider telecommute option for the right person.
If you have a background in data and business analysis, possess strong problem-solving aptitude, and an excellent communicator, we would love to meet you!
- Successful delivery and support of high visibility reports – desktop, mobile, and dashboards reports.
- Ensure data is properly loaded into the data warehouse or reporting repository.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and end users to evaluate business requirements and advise on appropriate informative views and dashboards.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, report and improve enterprise process data visualization.
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards, publish reports to power BI service and establish gateway refresh schedules using DAX and PowerPivot BI.
- Work on Microsoft BI analytics stack (SSIS, SSAS) and work on investigating new tools, tool capabilities and engage with Business to propose, manage, and implement solutions.
- Develop SSAS tabular models utilizing complex DAX functions and SQL queries, stored procedures using T-SQL, CTE, XMLA, PowerShell scripts.
- Work on complex data modelling and design patterns for BI/Analytics reporting requirements.
- Develop Proof of concepts to mock up complex reporting requirements with upcoming technologies on Microsoft Analytics platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in data analytics, systems engineering, or related field and minimum 4 years of relevant experience, including prior experience as MS Power BI report developer.
- Expert designer of information visualizations and dashboards.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server SQL, as well as strong understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to document business requirements and translate into technical reporting specifications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience with SharePoint site administration, application development, configuration, workflows, Nintex, forms, and data integration.
- Experience with data analysis, data modeling and data presentation (reports, charts, tables, dependencies, interfaces, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills required with Microsoft BI, pivot tables, PowerPivot model experience, and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) experience
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Experience with data warehouse database and ETL development.
- Experience with other BI and reporting tools, such as IBM Cognos.
- Experience as Power BI installation and administrator.
- Experience in extracting and analyzing data from interfacing business systems (for example, Costpoint, Workday, and Skillport).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.