Job Requisition:System Administrator - Active TS/SCI required
Leidos is looking for a strong systems administrator to become part of our team at the Washington Navy Yard location. An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for the role.
The successful candidate will have a strong operating system and cyber security background. He or she will be responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple platforms using multiple operating systems.
· Set up and administer accounts as well as maintain system documentation
· Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
· Will be responsible for setting up and maintaining multiple computers systems.
· Works with development team with enhancements to the systems.
· Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
· Install system wide software and implement critical system patches
· Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
· Coordinate installation and development of strategy, design and implementation.
· Maintaining system documentation
· Perform diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
· Tuning system performance
· Participate in the creation of the overall management plan
· Installing system wide software
· May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior personnel.External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
• Active TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.