Leidos is seeking a Leidos is seeking an Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems Engineer with comprehensive knowledge of the conduct and supervision of aircraft Electrical and Environmental (E&E) functions /activities to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The training specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
The Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems Engineer shall perform work that involves applying aircraft E&E knowledge and technical expertise to include but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of aircraft E&E systems
- Troubleshooting, inspection, removal, installation, repair, modification, overhaul, and operation of systems and components associated with aircraft E&E systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of cockpit and external lighting
- Troubleshooting and repair of generator /emergency generator malfunctions
- Troubleshooting and repair of aircraft wiring and connectors
- Troubleshooting and repair of Inertial Drive Generators
- Troubleshooting and repair of Environmental Control System components
- Performing maintenance and Organization and Intermediate level inspections for E&E systems
- Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
For Apprentice I: BA/BS and four (4) years of experience in aircraft E&E systems OR eight (8) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s)
For Journeyman II: BA/BS and ten (10) years of experience in aircraft E&E systems OR fifteen (15) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
For Craftsman III: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of experience in aircraft E&E systems; OR BA/BS degree and fifteen (15) years of experience in aircraft E&E systems; OR Twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.