Job Requisition:Solaris Systems Administrator-Senior
Leidos has a current opening in Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) for a System Administrator, Senior, supporting Oracle Solaris within the Veteran's Administration (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT). This is an advanced opportunity to use your Solaris Operating System knowledge and skills to support the VA Infrastructure Operations (IO) and IOSS initiatives.
The Candidate shall provide Solaris 10 and 11 operating system administration during an established Tour of Duty. Contractor will be on call at times to support a 24 x 7 x 365 Data Center. The contractor shall perform immediate administration or troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the Service Desk to ensure outages or incidents are resolved as quickly as possible. Work collaboratively with AITC customers and partners, end users, programmers and analysts, Database Administrators (DBAs), and application and network administrators.
- Contractor will follow procedures to ensure tasks/deliverables are turned around in a timely manner.
- Perform duties working with a small, geographically dispersed team. Communicate via phone, email, and instant message in order to coordinate tasks, ask for or offer advice etc.
- Monitor overlapping ticketing and scheduling systems to resolve incidents, complete change orders etc.
- Perform the following tasks on Solaris 10 and 11 servers:
- Administering Network Services
- Match physical network interface names to their vanity names.
- Implement and troubleshoot IP Multi-pathing
- VLAN(s) and VLAN Tagging
- Perform network troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot SAN Storage Integration issues
- Use detailed knowledge of SAN topologies to assist with troubleshooting
- Discover new storage devices as they appear
- Execute appropriate commands to determine IO paths between a host-based fiber adapter and the storage array and proper balancing across multiple paths
- Assist with EMC and/or Hitachi arrays and storage replication issues
- Diagnose issues with various file systems and volume managers including ZFS and Veritas Volume Manager
- Troubleshoot Virtualization Technology issue
- Diagnose issues with Oracle Virtual Machine for Sparc
- Create Logical Domains (LDOM(s))
- Adding/removing restores to LDOM(s), such a memory, CPU resources and virtual disks
- Diagnose issues with Solaris Containers (zones)
- Perform Solaris Operating Environment Installation and management
- Solaris 11
- Install Solaris 11 using Automated Installer
- Use OS Archives when appropriate
- Use Boot Environment and apply OS updates
- Solaris 10
- Install Solaris 10 using Jumpstart
- Use Flash Archives as appropriate
- Use Live Upgrade to apply monthly Patchset releases
- Solaris 11
- Bachelor’s in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with five (5) years Solaris experience with strong Solaris provisioning of servers in large data center environment. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Automation Tools: BigFix
- Solaris 10 & 11
- Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), General Parallel File System (GPFS), Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), and Symantec’s Veritas Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC.
- HP-UX (considered a plus)
- CA Service Desk Manager and ServiceNow ticketing systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.