Job Requisition:Research Scientist III
Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is sourcing for candidates for a Research Scientist III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provides expertise in development and conduction of protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspect of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, biomedical systems, bioassay development, craniofacial, infectious diseases and directed energy bio effects.
- Provides supervision and guidance to junior scientist contract personnel in writing Government approved: protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Provides guidance to junior scientist contract personnel on the evaluation of data sets (provided by the Government and collected by the Contractor); development of presentation materials, writing of Government approved SOPs for research under contract and presenting findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Provides supervision for contract personnel during the preparation of experimental subjects and aid in the training and the development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provides support in the development and establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Oversees contract personnel associated with research projects; manages research data.
- Performs surgical procedures on animal models for both survival and non-survival.
- PhD in related field with five years of experience.
U.S Citizenship Required
Must have or be able to obtain Secret U.S. Government Clearance