Job Requisition:Research Technician II
Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is sourcing for candidates for a Research Technician II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bio effects, bioassay development, craniofacial, infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Recommends changes to protocols and standard operating procedures for research under contract and for review by the Government.
- Modifies and plan research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinates the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Sets up, operates, modifies and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols and research SOPs.
- Assists ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Provides additional functions incidental to research activities.
- Oversees the work of more junior contract personnel.
- Conducts and supports surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping for contract personnel, and ensuring specific pathogen free techniques; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Handle and restrain (daily) various small and large animal species.
- Maintains traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping.
- Conducts daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Aids the Government in coordinating animal procurement and shipping procedures; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Coordinates animal research work activities between Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research technicians.
- Associate’s degree with five years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience, or Master’s degree
U.S Citizenship Required
Must have or be able to obtain Secret U.S. Government Clearance